Saturday, November 12, 2011

Blog 13

I am really glad that I have been studying in this class. Since I started to study here I have gotten a lot of “meal” for thinking. I like this way because we are reasonable existences and we have the ability to think. Earlier, I thought that we are under control by someone. This is God and I didn’t before think about it deeply. However, a few years ago I saw the Peter Joseph’s movie “Zeitgeist.” This movie pushed me to think about real and unreal world. In that movie, the author criticized the version of the act of terrorism World Trade Center. Also, I was wondered about the system of credit; all our money is in the hands of a few people, and how they created the financial crisis. After that movie I found out that we have been living not just under God’s control, but also under other people’s control like in “The Allegory of the Cave,” “The Truman Show,” “Brave New World” and “Matrix.” Part of the people is interesting to earn a lot of money or to reach a high position, and they don’t care about tragic outcomes. Many wars had been placed because of money. Some of people merely get a great amount of money like show maker from “The Truman Show,” or all businessmen who have created and sold junk food, when others suffer and die like the prisoner of the cave who suffered when he reached the real world, or Neo had outdid all obstacles, John, from “Brave New World” was died because he couldn’t live in illusion world, where had been lived impassible people and people who have bought junk food then they feel sore about diseases. The cartoon “Meatrix” clearly explains us what sort of meat we are eaten every day. The maker of “Meatrix” took the base of the movie “Matrix” because there he vividly shows us two different worlds like in the “Matrix,” but there he relate where the meat food from. All these movie give us to find out that we have two worlds. These are real and illusion worlds. In addition, all people should decide by themselves what to do and what to prefer. Aldous Huxley’s characters of the “Brave New World,” Bernard and Lenina, chose the real world despite it was a terrible place where they can to love, and assay all senses. Everything is up to us.

I think all Food Unit items I did satisfyingly. I understood all concepts of this unit and I took some things for reflection such us “The Meatrix” and even I changed my mind regarding bottled water and I started to drink tap water. However, I am still resent about all junk food. Why the Food and Drug Administration allowed them to be sold? I know, in some countries certain organization accepted an appropriate arrangement like to increase the price for food has contained a fat. Consequently, the people won’t try to buy that expensive food. Altogether, I learn enough about food.
For my improvement I need to learn more grammar and to practice to write essay for one hour. About CAT W #3, I didn’t finish again; obviously I couldn’t organize my writing time. I will try my best in next time.

1 comment:

  1. A very clear, thoughtful and interesting reflection. (Now I have to check Zeitgeist). Remember that if you are worried about not being to pace yourself, you may want to practice with the practice CATs under "Class Docs" in my blog.

    ReplyDelete