Monday, November 7, 2011

Blog 11

In “The Story of Bottled Water” states that bottle water was created by businessmen who want to earn money. In the reality, the bottle water is filled from tap water. 10-15 percent of the price of the money goes to cover commercial cost. These commercials seduce us to buy tap water inside the bottle. I think the author of this story is right because some people want to earn money to sell the bottles water and some of the people want to believe in the all advertisements.

The people who have created that business, they don’t care about people who would buy the bottle water. They pay money for advertisements to seduce as many as possible people to buy them that increase consumer demand of bottle water. The ads make a lot of myths such as “bottled water tastes better than tap water”, “tap water is still susceptible to germs….”, or “bottled water is convenient” that make people to believe in them. I wasn’t surprise by this reality of water because when I taste the bottle water I can define the tasted of water. Sometime when I drink the bottle water I can feel a taste of the plastic that keeps the water. So, it can be more dangerous than tap water.

I think this reality can be different if people will take proper decision about waste money for bottled water. I believe if TV will show us many things of reality of water, it helps people to open the eyes and don’t believe in all these myths. For instance, I have always preferred to drink the bottled water instead tap water, but since today I will stop to drink bottle water.

In short, the choice of the bottle water is up to us. Just only we own should decide what we have to choose the bottle water or tap water. If many people will decide to choose tap water, the manufactured costumer demand of bottle water will decrease.

1 comment: